This professional development session will give you the tools to teach and initiate important discussions about the complex lessons of the Holocaust. In exploring classroom-tested strategies that can be implemented in your classroom, you will leave with increased confidence and effective materials to tackle the taught questions your students have about this subject. The why. The how.
Through this program, educators will:
1. Explore a sound pedagogy for the planning and implementation of Holocaust education in the classroom;
2. Examine instructional enhancements to support student learning and understanding;
3. Discover and utilize classroom-ready digital assets including lesson plans, visual history testimonies, and additional primary source materials;
4. Enhance personal knowledge about the Holocaust including the history of antisemitism; and
5. Build confidence and capacity to teach this complex subject.
This session will be held at Arkansas Educational Television Network (ATEN), Conway, Arkansas and facilitated by Kayla Fletcher.