This is a 5 day workshop and you will be required to attend all 5 days.
This comprehensive and highly intensive course qualifies teachers to bring Orton-Gillingham multisensory instruction to their classrooms. Phonics First® transforms beginning, struggling, dyslexic/LD readers into skilled learners through our effective, fun, multisensory approach to reading and spelling.
Participants learn to teach:
- Alphabet and phonemic awareness strategies
- Basic and advanced phonetic concepts for decoding and encoding
- A Three-Part Drill for structured review
- Tactile/kinesthetic spelling techniques for phonetic and non-phonetic words
- Syllabication for multisyllabic words (8 Syllable Types/3 Syllable Patterns)