The joys and pains of starting a teaching career often go
undiscussed. During this highly interactive workshop, Dr. Tina H. Boogren will
help beginning educators explore both research-based instructional strategies
that are essential for student achievement as well as strategies and practices
that are crucial for avoiding burn-out and exhaustion.
- Understand the feelings and teaching challenges of each phase during a beginning teacher’s career.
- Practice self-care to combat beginning and first-year teacher stress and burnout; avoid the mental pitfalls that so often lead to teachers changing careers.
- Learn effective classroom-management strategies for new teachers and how to maintain positive relationships with students.
- Respond to prompts that will help you process and reflect on your first years’ culmination.
- Utilize the prompts and journaling spaces throughout the book to reflect on your professional improvements and successes.
TESS Components: 2d, 4a, 4e
This workshop is based on the book The Beginning Teacher’s Field Guide: Embarking on Your First Years by Tina H. Boogren. Each participant will receive a free copy of the book.
THIS SESSION IS ONLY FOR NOVICE TEACHERS IN THEIR 0 TO 3RD YEAR OF TEACHING.