Marc Brackett is a professor in Yale University’s Child Study Center, founding director of the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence, and developer of the RULER system. This book will provide a blueprint on how to help yourself and students understand and master emotions, reduce stress and burnout, improve school climate, and enhance academic achievement. The book combines rigor, science, passion, and inspiration.
- Recognizing emotions in oneself and others
- Understanding the causes and consequences of emotion
- Labeling emotions with precise words
- Expressing emotions, taking context and culture into consideration
- Regulating emotions effectively to achieve goals and wellbeing
Participants must purchase “Permission to Feel” by Marc Brackett, Ph.D. (ISBN-10: 1250212847, ISBN-13: 978-1250212849).