Interventions is designed to help teachers, counselors, specialists who have one or two students with challenging behaviors. These behaviors can include chronically disrespectful, disruptive, failing academically, inactive and unresponsive, and physically dangerous or assaultive. This workshop will help participants plan and implement validated, tiered strategies to increase motivation and improve behaviors. Participants will learn how to use data to ascertain the reason for the behavior, apply targeted, evidence-based interventions, and evaluate results. Interventions is a product of Safe and Civil Schools.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Learn Tier II and Tier III evidence-based interventions.
- Develop and implement effective evidence-based interventions for individual students.
- Use data to monitor and adjust interventions for students.
- Identify and assist students who are experiencing severe emotional problems.
- Change the behavior of challenging students and reduce the need for referrals to special education.