This training is based on the work of Dr. Ruby Payne, participants will look at the hidden rules that are part of economic classes and how this affects student learning and behavior.
At the end of the training, participants will:
- Analyze resources for a student and identify possible interventions.
- Identify hidden rules of poverty, middle class and wealth and how they affect student behavior.
- Demonstrate registers of language and how this affects student learning.
- Support and build relationships of mutual respect with students and parents of all economic levels.
- Analyze discipline strategies that work with students from poverty.
- Understand input strategies; evaluate which strategies a student may be lacking; and identify tools and resources to build missing strategies.
- Explain and demonstrate metacognition.
- Integrate mental models.