This workshop will help participants understand how to cultivate a trauma-sensitive learning environment for elementary students. Concrete, proven and reliable strategies will be provided on how to connect, teach, and coach students, as well as strategies for classroom and building structures. Participants will also learn what trauma is and how it hinders learning, motivation and student success. Numerous examples of strategies and resources will be provided.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Understand what trauma is and how it effects learning.
- Recognize the connection of trauma and Social-Emotional Growth.
- Learn the importance of building strong relationships and creating safe spaces.
- Learn how to adopt a strength-based approach to working with students.
- Collaborate with other educators.
- Investigate strategies for classroom and school-wide activities and structures.