The 2018 School Wellness Workshop will be held on Thursday, July 26th at NWAESC from 9:00 am - 3:30 pm. Workshop registration will be from 8:30 am - 9:00 am.
We will have various expert speakers join us throughout the day to focus on the following topics:
1) Anna Haver, Act 1220 Coordinator of the Arkansas Department of Education, providing School Wellness Recent Updates from the State
2) Laura Taylor with Arkansas Children's Hospital speaking on Tobacco Prevention and the Project Prevent Youth Coalition (PPYC)
3) Bret Neiser presenting the GoNoodle program
4) Jenna Rhodes, Program Coordinator in the Arkansas Children's Research Institute Access to Healthy Foods Research Group, addressing Farm to School processes and programs in Arkansas
5) Local CHPS/CHNS speaking on the importance of hydration/nutrition and school screenings
This conference is appropriate for all wellness committee chairs, teachers, coaches, counselors, nurses, administrators, and any others who want to learn more about school wellness. Lunch and refreshments will be served.