Empowering Writers will provide the “how” for delivering direct instruction in revising and editing. Take the
mystery out of grammar, mechanics, and spelling by attending this action-packed training. Come away
with so much more than just “skill and drill!”
This workshop is geared for any teacher responsible for teaching editing and revising with a focus on
grades 3 and 4. All other grades, 2-7, are welcome to attend to hear the universal strategies that help all
students tackle editing and revising.
• Understand the parts of speech and how they are truly the building blocks of language!
• Learn effective strategies for revising run-on sentences, eliminating redundant ideas, and using
transition words and phrases!
• Explore hands-on-activities designed to make learning grammar fun!
• Simplify spelling to guarantee student SUCCESS!
• Learn how to plan and pace instruction across the school year.
Please complete the form found at this link to indicate needed materials:
Teacher Manual –
Grade 2 A Sentence a Day
Grade 3 and Grade 4 Editing, Revising, & More Teacher Manual
All participants will receive a comprehensive handout with classroom extension activities.
Note: The corresponding set of 25 student books for Grades 3 and 4 are not included as part of the
registration. (No corresponding student books for Grade 2)