Kindergarten through 12th Grade general education, special education, intervention, and resource teachers who have taken EITHER Phonics First® Level I or Structures Level I . This rigorous Orton-Gillingham training course emphasizes instruction of struggling readers at all grade levels and is critical for teachers working with dyslexic and learning disabled students of all ages and skill levels.
Level II is required for those pursuing Brainspring’s nationally recognized certification.
Participants gain expertise in:
• Instruction of skills taught in Level I (Phonics First® or Structures)
• Customizing lessons for dyslexic and learning or language disabled students
• Advanced concepts of decoding and encoding
Participants learn to customize instruction in:
• Basic phonics through advanced morphology
• Syllabication/multisyllable word attack strategies
• The Reciprocal Teaching process
• Multisensory comprehension
• Multisensory syntax (grammar)