Enrollment in this Region 4 professional development event verifies the participant has been provided access to the Facilitation Tutor Core Skills Program online course by Ingrid Bens. The Facilitation Tutor Core Skills Program has been designed to teach the essential skills you need to become an effective group facilitator. Access to this online course is an ideal introduction for those who are unfamiliar with facilitation. It is also an excellent refresher of technique for those who have been facilitating for some time.
- The program is organized into ten lessons.
- Each lesson isolates a single, important technique.
Interactive exercises and structured practice activities make the lesson engaging.
- Each lesson is supported by downloadable workbook pages.
- Each participant has unlimited access for six months.
- A final test allows learners to receive a Certificate of Completion.
Participants in the Facilitation Tutor Core Skills Program will review
- The concept of facilitation, it’s purpose and underlying beliefs.
- An overview of the foundational content/process model.
- The five core practices of facilitation.
- The boundaries of neutrality.
- A clear structure for beginning any facilitated session.
- How norming can create and maintain a positive meeting climate.
- The purpose and importance of flipchart note taking.
- Techniques for intervening to redirect member behaviors.
- The hidden reasons that meetings falter.
- Specific set of steps for taking the pulse and restoring group order.
- Various ways that groups can make decisions and clarifies whether they unite or divide group members.
- Situations in which each approach is applicable.
- What facilitators do to effectively end facilitated discussions.
- A variety of ways to bring closure.
- Strategies to avoid poor follow-through
Access to the Facilitation Tutor Core Skills Program online course has been provided by Region 4 Special Education Department as a part of capacity building for Individualized Educational Program (IEP) Facilitation.