This virtual course focuses on the importance of phonological and phonemic awareness and their relationship to literacy development. The session will explore foundational concepts, instructional practices, assessment strategies, and supporting second language learners.
*This course is the second in the Science of Teaching Reading series offered in the spring 2021 semester. Other courses in this series are listed below. Use the Session # to register for the optional sessions in the series.
- Session # 1594550: Oral Language Development (March 24, 2021)
- Session # 1594552: Print Awareness and Alphabet Knowledge (May 7, 2021)
- Session # 1594553: Phonics and Other Word Identification Skills (May 21, 2021)
- Session # 1598950: Syllable Division Strategies and Morphology (July 22, 2021)
- Session # 1594558: Reading Fluency (June 23, 2021)
- Session # 1594560: Vocabulary and Reading Comprehension (June 24, 2021)
Zoom information will be emailed to participants after registering.